Another piece of information has been leaked exclusively to SDF that details the Display ScanOutDevice Engine. This will ensure the graphics outpace even the most expensive PCs at launch (sorry Steam fanatics). This flies in the face of the tech media insisting that Microsoft’s new console has a ‘secret sauce’ even though it clearly doesn’t mean much even if it were true.
Another of the misterious components in Orbis specs is the DCE, or Display ScanOutDevice Engine.
To put into perspective, this component is the equivalent to the Display Planes in Durango for Orbis system. It’s a custom display and scanout block inside the GPU.
Each pipeline supports the following features:
- Surface resolutions from 320×200 to 1920×1080
- Hight quality up and down scalers
- Surface format may be 32 or 64 bits per pixel
- Deep color support (8, 10 or 12 bits per pixel)
- Two cursor overlays (up to 64×64 each, 3-D support).